Elevation - can you feel it - spiral trance
Global House, Bucknall New Road, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST1 2BA
Phone: +44 (1782) 215554 - Fax: +44 (1782) 201698
Email: [email protected]
Opening hours: Mon-Fri 10am-6pm GMT
Please note that even if prices are displayed in other currencies all payments are made in GBP.
Check out our Discogs page.
Go up slowly, take it easy, and give your body time to get used to the altitude. The body has an amazing ability to acclimatise to altitude, but it needs time. For instance, it takes about a week to adapt to an altitude of 5000m.
Reader Response to Altitude Sickness
"Hi Dennis, My name is Gerry and I would like to ask you a few questions about this altitude daughter aged 19 years was on holiday in the alps and became unwell when up the slopes. she became unconcious and remembers very vaguely remembers feeling unwell and wanted to get sick and her friends were on hand to assist. She was taken down the the mountain on a stretcher and went to hospital aking up there frightened a few hours was early afternoon and about 2 hours after a late breakfast and the Tour organisers provided wine free gratis when they were up the mountain. She never had a problem with alcohol before and only had a glass or two of were throwing snowballs at friends when she became unwell. Can the altitude and the two units of wine cause her to become so is well now but as we live by the sea I am not aware of this altitude sickness if you could explain to me that this can happen as some people say she was drunk and this has upset her you for taking the time to respond."
Gerry, Thank you for writing. It certainly sounds like your daughter was suffering from extreme altitude sickness. Two glasses of wine isn't going to do that to your daughter. It was the altitude. Please note however that alcohol can enhance altitude sickness. The exertion from the snowball fight likely didn't help matters either. If she lost consciousness then not only was she most likely suffering from altitude sickness, but her life was in danger. The hypothalamus part of her brain was swelling, and that probably caused her unconsciousness. When this happens the victim should be descended to lower altitude immediately. If your daughter decides to return to high altitude again tell her to drink plenty of water and stay way from alcohol and physical exertion. ~Dennis
"I have a place on Steamboat Lake, it's close to 8000 ft elevation. I smoke moderately, recent test show I'm within normal lung and breathing limits and i have no trouble below 5000 ft. I want to live the rest of my life up here, but I wake up fighting for air, and that has me scared to death! What a terrible way to wake up! Is there anyway outside of wearing an oxygen mask to bring me relief in my home? Larry"
Hello Larry, I don't smoke, but I am about 30 pounds overweight. My place is also just over 8000 elevation. I also wake up fighting for air in the middle of the night. I've even stayed up there nearly the whole summer, and never got used to it. I did find two things that worked for me.
- Put the temperature in the room down to around 68.
- Put a fan on the end table right next to the bed and have make it blow right on your face.
Hello Les, In my humble opinion I do not think that a pressurized plane transport is not going to completely erase your total acclimation to altitude. Just as it takes time to acclimate to altitude, I would speculate that it also takes time to deacclimate. To rent, call or e-mail
- Leo Küpper - L'Enclume Des Forces - Électro-Poème - Automatismes Sonores
- Ampak Better World
- Jolly Stewart Money Pyaka
- Culprit - The Show EP
- Various - Pop Indonesia '90 Hetty Koes Endang and Endang S. Taurina
- Socialistic Jonny Goblet and Nova-Sak Novasak Making Noise In The Middle Of America
- Dog Soup - Fragments
- Michael Anthony - It Was Always You
- Getto Soul - Guerrilla Tactics
- Sound Enforcer Re-Enforcement EP
- Luciano Secchi Luciano - Rudy Rickson - Pietà Per Chi T'Ama - Per Qualche Stupido
- Cascade - Pigallelle Jonoon Vaan - Angie Baby
- Noly MaDness - AntiCast008
- God Bullies Fear And Pain
- Laura Jae - Silver Lined Hearts
- Kitchen Cynics - Leaprooks
- Earzumba · Eloi Silvestre Psicotruchas All Around The World
- Various 3D Story
- Ruud Jansen Band Live At The Sun
- Ricky Costa's Beach Company - Rio Rhythmus Carneval